8 / 100
Scented candles can add an inviting and cozy atmosphere to any room. Not only do they look beautiful, but they also fill the air with delightful fragrances. However, to ensure that scented candles stay fresh and fragrant for longer periods, it is essential to take proper care of them. In this guide, we will discuss the tips and tricks to keep your scented candles fresh and fragrant.
- Store your candles properly: Proper storage is critical to keep scented candles fresh and fragrant. Store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight, heat sources, and moisture. Keep them upright to prevent the wax from shifting and becoming uneven. Additionally, avoid storing scented candles near other scents to prevent them from absorbing unwanted odors.
- Trim the wick: Before each use, trim the wick to ¼ inch to prevent the flame from becoming too large and burn the wax unevenly. A long wick can also produce black smoke, which can affect the scent and overall quality of the candle.
- Burn the candle long enough: When burning scented candles, ensure that they burn for long enough to allow the wax to melt evenly. This will help prevent tunneling and ensure that the candle burns for a more extended period. The general rule of thumb is to burn a candle for at least one hour for every inch in diameter.
- Allow the candle to cool before trimming the wick: After extinguishing the candle, allow it to cool before trimming the wick. This will prevent the wick from becoming too short and difficult to light for future use.
- Keep the candle covered: Keeping the candle covered when not in use can help preserve its scent and prevent dust and debris from settling on the surface. Cover the candle with a lid or use a candle jar to protect it from external elements.
- Don’t burn candles for too long: Burning a candle for too long can cause the scent to become less potent over time. It is recommended to burn a candle for no more than four hours at a time to keep the scent fresh and fragrant.
- Keep the wax pool clean: To keep the scent fresh and fragrant, ensure that the wax pool remains clean. Remove any debris or wick trimmings that may fall into the wax pool as they can affect the way the candle burns and the scent it emits.
In conclusion, taking proper care of scented candles can help preserve their scent and quality, making them last longer. By following these simple tips and tricks, you can ensure that your scented candles stay fresh and fragrant, creating an inviting and cozy ambiance in your home.